Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Week One: Adventure Mishaps


First Part: NO luggage

It is as bad as it sounds. Our luggage was tragically held back, so with the clothes I had on and the blanket I bought for the plane to sleep in.
An adventure within itself to say the least.

Second ____: No food

An easy fix just walk into any restaurant, but they don't tell you that in Wales things closes extremely early. By 6pm I was walking into a ghost town. I settled for the first pub and expensive meatballs for dinner. Not how I expected my first day, but I knew it was only bound to get better, or so I hoped

Third Part: No bags

Wales is an environmentally conscious country, meaning they do not have plastic bags.  Of course I was not told until I was at the cashier with a cart full of stuff waiting for my things to be bagged for me. After a few judgmental glances and some warning glances, I finally understood.  

Fourth Part: No cellphone

I was expecting no cell phone service, but when you get lost in a foreign country having a phone becomes crucial. 

Fifth Part: No visa= No classes
I was waiting on my Bio-metrics (BRP) card to arrive at the university, turns out I sent it to the wrong postal office. After days of looking and trying to locate my visa to be able to join modules, I finally found the post office I ended up sending it to. 

It is due to note that these clashes were my first two weeks in Wales, Although they do speak English (and Welsh), it is a foreign country. And although at the time they were dreadful situations, they quickly became humorous. 
They are part of getting accustomed to entirely different country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment